Classic Hybrid - Alfine Hub Gear
This is the Classic Hybrid Premium upgraded with higher quality wheels, mudguards, rear pannier rack, Brooks saddle, leather carry handle, and a Shimano Alfine internal hub gear.
We wanted to make the most sophisticated, low maintenance, lightweight and stylish bike possible, and this is what we came up with.
The Alfine Hybrid is named after the gearing system it employs. The renowned Shimano Alfine 8-speed internal hub gear, providing excellent range and smooth shifting. Keeping the gearbox concealed in the hub means less maintenance, less wear and a cleaner aesthetic.
The Alfine Hybrid boasts a number of features making it a truly useful machine for navigating your way to work, light touring or simple day rides. It comes complete with a set of full length mudguards, rear pannier rack and leather carry handle. It's finished off nicely with a Brooks leather saddle and matching leather grips.
Built to order. We have to order in parts especially for this bike so build time can be between 3-5 weeks.
1. Reynolds 525 steel frame. Constructed using a mix of hand brazed, investment cast lug joints and TIG welded bottom bracket, our frame is specially designed to be hard wearing and versatile. It features all the mounts for mudguards, pannier racks and bottle cages.
2. Powder coat and lacquered paint finish. Our frames are powder coated and lacquered by our friends just down the road, they do a top job with a thick layer of powder coat, followed by a layer of lacquer. The result is bold and very glossy. The frame is then finished with a handmade headbadge by Geoff Moorhouse
3. Temple Cycles Finishing kit. The bike has been built up with our own selection of parts, which include the handlebars, quill stem and crankset. We like polished silver for that timeless look that gets better with age.
4. Mavic A319 eyeleted rims. making is a high quality, light and strong wheelset.
5. Brooks B17 leather saddle, made in England from the finest leather.
6. Shimano Alfine 8 speed internal gear hub.
7. Full length mudguards, rear rack and leather carry handle
1. Quality Design and Manufacturing
Every Temple Bike is designed by us. Unlike many other brands, we don't just buy off-the-peg frames and components and put out stickers on it. This means that you are buying a bike with carefully tested and honed geometries, comfortable riding positions, correct handling and quality components throughout.
One of the most important factors of a bicycle is the weight. A light bike is a joy to ride and own, whereas a heavy one quickly becomes a burden. Unlike other bikes of this style in the market, a Temple weighs in considerably less. We have achieved this by using high specification steel tubing and quality alloy components.
3. Hand-built to order in Bristol
Not only do we design the bikes, but we also build them ourselves. This means that each bike is rigorously quality checked and tuned before you receive it, reducing the chance of any issues occurring when you receive your bike. Our team of experienced bike builders will create each bike to order with the care and attention most other bike companies forget. This means we can't deliver your bike the next day after ordering, but it's definitely worth the wait!
4. Built to last, versatile and Practical
We have designed our bikes to stand the test of time. Consider them as an investment, and something you will cherish for years to come! We also design all our bikes with versatility in mind. What good is a bike that you can't add mudguards and racks, make modifications to, or use for a variety of applications?
5. Customer Care and Warranty
We look after our customers before and after the purchase. We are on hand to assist with any queries you have, advice you might need, or assistance with setting up and maintaining your bike. Each bike comes with a 3 year frame warranty, and a free 6 month service.
Colours: Slate blue
Gears: Alfine 8 speed gear hub
Frame: Reynolds 525 steel, double butted
Fork: Investment cast crown with raked chromoly blades
Saddle: Brooks B17
Handlebar: Temple Cycles 6061 alloy 25.4 clamp
Grips: Temple Cycles Leather grips
Brakes: Tektro long drop calipers
Brake Levers: Tektro FL750
Wheels: Mavic A319 rims, DT Swiss spokes, Shimano XT front hub
Tyres: 700x28c Schwlabe Delta Cruiser
Pedals: Alloy cage pedals
Crankset: Sturmey Archer with chainguard
Stem: Temple Cycles classic quill stem high polish
Headset: Alloy cup 1-inch threaded headset
Seatpost: 6061 micro adjust
Frame Sizes: 51cm, 55cm, 59cm
Bottom bracket: Shimano sealed square taper
Chain: Shimano single speed
Small: 5' 3" - 5' 7" (162cm - 174cm)
Medium: 5' 6" - 6' 0" (171cm - 183cm)
Large: 6' 0" - 6' 4" (183cm - 195cm)