This is the Ladies Lightweight, upgraded with wider-range gearing, higher quality wheels, Brooks saddle, polished components and hammered metal mudguards. It also has a lower handlebar to give a slightly more sporty riding position.
The explorer was designed with three characteristics in mind.
Firstly it must be easy to use and understand. The bike has a wide-range set of 10 gears which is plenty for hilly areas but keeping it simple with only one gear shifter on the right of the handlebar.
Secondly it needed to be capable of long distance riding. We want this bike to be ridden, and it is more than capable for taking in tours, loading it up with pannier bags and ridden hard for miles. We designed the bike to be a nice cross over between an upright and elegant town-bike with a sportier riding position and geometry for more serious cyclists.
Thirdly it needed to be light and strong. We believe that a bike is an investment for life, and we want our bikes to last. The Explorer is made from lightweight double butted chromoly, and only uses our very best components. Weight is round 10.5kg.
Built to order in the UK.
1. Reynolds 525 steel, double butted. Constructed using a mix of hand brazed, investment cast lug joints and TIG welded bottom bracket, our frame is specially designed to be hard wearing and versatile. It features all the mounts for mudguards, pannier racks and bottle cages.
2. Powder coat and lacquered paint finish. Our frames are powder coated and lacquered by our friends just down the road, they do a top job with a thick layer of powder coat, followed by a layer of lacquer. The result is bold and very glossy. The frame is then finished with a handmade headbadge by Geoff Moorhouse
3. Temple Cycles Finishing kit. The bike has been built up with our own selection of parts, which include the handlebars, quill stem and crankset. We like polished silver for that timeless look that gets better with age.
4. Mavic wheelset. A high quality, durable wheelset made with Mavic open sport rims, Shimano Tiagra hubs and DT Swiss spokes.
5. Brooks B17s leather saddle, made in England from the finest leather.
6. Shimano Deore 10 speed gearing. This is a mountain bike gearing set up, which means it is reliable and very strong, meaning less maintenance.
7. Hammered VO mudguards. Full length alloy mudguards with a hammered finish for classic french look, secured with leather washers.
1. Quality Design and Manufacturing
Every Temple Bike is designed by us. Unlike many other brands, we don't just buy off-the-peg frames and components and put out stickers on it. This means that you are buying a bike with carefully tested and honed geometries, comfortable riding positions, correct handling and quality components throughout.
One of the most important factors of a bicycle is the weight. A light bike is a joy to ride and own, whereas a heavy one quickly becomes a burden. Unlike other bikes of this style in the market, a Temple weighs in considerably less. We have achieved this by using high specification steel tubing and quality alloy components.
3. Hand-built to order in Bristol
Not only do we design the bikes, but we also build them ourselves. This means that each bike is rigorously quality checked and tuned before you receive it, reducing the chance of any issues occurring when you receive your bike. Our team of experienced bike builders will create each bike to order with the care and attention most other bike companies forget. This means we can't deliver your bike the next day after ordering, but it's definitely worth the wait!
4. Built to last, versatile and Practical
We have designed our bikes to stand the test of time. Consider them as an investment, and something you will cherish for years to come! We also design all our bikes with versatility in mind. What good is a bike that you can't add mudguards and racks, make modifications to, or use for a variety of applications?
5. Customer Care and Warranty
We look after our customers before and after the purchase. We are on hand to assist with any queries you have, advice you might need, or assistance with setting up and maintaining your bike. Each bike comes with a 3 year frame warranty, and a free 6 month service.
Colours: Light Ivory, Pastel Blue
Frame: Reynolds 525 steel, double butted
Fork: Investment cast crown with raked chromoly blades
Saddle: Brooks B17s
Handlebar: Temple Cycles 6061 alloy 25.4 clamp
Grips: Temple Cycles Leather grips
Brakes: Tektro long drop calipers
Brake Levers: Tektro FL750
Wheels: Mavic open sport, Shimano Tiagra hubs, DT Swiss spokes
Tyres: 700x2c Schwlabe Delta Cruiser
Pedals: Alloy cage pedals
Crankset: Sturmey Archer with chainguard
Stem: Temple Cycles classic quill stem high polish
Headset: Alloy cup 1-inch threaded headset
Seatpost: 6061 micro adjust
Frame Sizes: 45cm, 50cm, 55cm
Bottom bracket: Shimano sealed square taper
Chain: Shimano SLX 10 speed.
Mudguards: Temple alloy hammered
Small: 4' 10” - 5' 3” (150 - 160cm)
Medium: 5' 2“ - 5' 9” (155 - 175cm)
Large: 5' 8” - 6' 2” (175 - 185cm)